This blog tracks Australian news and research relating to speeding, speed cameras, road safety and related technologies including; insurance telematics and intelligent speed adaptation (ISA).

No more speeding tickets -SpeedAlert-Live the free app that protects your driving license from the risks of unintentional speeding. Download it for free at www.speedalertlive.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

USA Just Saved Another 30% Using Progressive Snapshot

Just Saved Another 30% Using Progressive Snapshot
by MICHAEL
in INSURANCE

http://www.doughroller.net/insurance/progressive-snapshot-savings/


0

EmailShare
Living in Miami as a single guy with a terrible credit score, my auto insurance bill was out of control. I’m pretty sure had I decided to pick up comprehensive and collision insurance, I would have been paying more than most families pay on their mortgage. Geico was just not cutting it and two years ago, a move was made to Progressive.

Initially, I only saved a few dollars but it was enough where some much needed money was freed up for life’s necessities. Progressive routinely changed my rate every six months, sometimes in my favor, sometimes in their favor but my rate for only liability insurance consistently hovered around the $110 a month mark. And for a guy who rarely uses his car to do anything, I thought I was getting screwed. Not necessarily by Progressive as they were the cheapest carrier I could find, just screwed in general.

As luck would have it however, Progressive decided to launch something called “Snapshot” which tracks the performance of your automobile and can provide you a discount for good driving habits. Having nothing to lose, I signed up immediately and installed the device in my Mustang. 30 days after using the device, Progress knocked my auto insurance down by $28 a month, making me an extremely happy customer. Spending 10 minutes to save more than $300 annually was awesome, but today, Progressive is officially my favorite company of all time.



My new policy is slated to begin on the 15th of October and I was mailed my new insurance documents yesterday. With those documents came a letter informing me that my policy received yet another discount for good driving. This time, Progressive took another $30 off my bill, bringing the total cost of my monthly auto insurance to just $52! Taking into account the initial $28 per month discount I received earlier in the quarter, I’ve saved $58 (or 52%) on my car insurance by using the Snapshot device. That’s an annual savings of more than $700.



Also included in the mail was a return box which I will need to use in order to send the Snapshot device back to Progressive. I have 30 days to send it back and the postage is already paid for by Progressive. Now that they are asking for the device back, the discount I have received is final so I can expect this amount to remain consistent so long as I am a Progressive customer who needs to insure his Mustang.

It’s refreshing to see a company live up to their word every once in a while and Progressive far exceeded my expectations. They’ve done a bang-up job in making sure I’m a long term customer and when the time comes where I need home owners insurance, you bet your sweet boopy I’ll be using them too. I urge anyone reading this post to consider giving Progressive and they’re Snapshot device a try. So long as you’re a good driver who doesn’t brake hard all that often, I know you’ll also receive an amazing discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment