This blog tracks Australian news and research relating to speeding, speed cameras, road safety and related technologies including; insurance telematics and intelligent speed adaptation (ISA).

No more speeding tickets -SpeedAlert-Live the free app that protects your driving license from the risks of unintentional speeding. Download it for free at www.speedalertlive.com

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Even gun toting civil libertarians seem to like UBI benefits

posting on
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1167523

Switched recently, cut our rates 50% from our old company. Wife signed up 3 of our cars for the "Snapshot" program, where they plug a data recorder thing into the car that tracks mileage, time of day you drive, and the number of hard braking. It sends the data to Progressive. After 30 days, you can get an initial discount, after 6 months, the discount is updated with the additional data, you return the little spy boxes, and the discount becomes permanent.

I wasn't a fan of the concept, and was skeptical about what it would take to qualify for a discount, particularly with the vehicle I use for work. Maybe I drive like a granny, but I got another 30% (max for program) discount on 2 vehicles, and 25% on my work vehicle. I hate the big brother shit, but that's a free case of ammo every year for "proving" that I'm a good risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment