This blog tracks Australian news and research relating to speeding, speed cameras, road safety and related technologies including; insurance telematics and intelligent speed adaptation (ISA).

No more speeding tickets -SpeedAlert-Live the free app that protects your driving license from the risks of unintentional speeding. Download it for free at www.speedalertlive.com

Friday, August 10, 2012

Speeding fine can cost more than cash and points, Top Cop Loses Credibility


Jan 2010 - Victoria’s top road cop Ken Lay said   his speeding offence cost him considerable  credibility with the public after he was nabbed speeding through a country town  in October 2009

"I feel embarrassed - I’ve left my road safety partners down, I’ve let the community down, I’ve let myself down - now I need to build up credibility again.’’


Deputy Commissioner Lay, who lost three demerit points for doing 80km/h in a 70km/h zone when he passed through the town of Tooborac on the Northern Highway, said it was his first blunder in 35 years of driving.  Read More

No more speeding tickets -SpeedAlert-Live the free app that protects your driving license from the risks of unintentional speeding.  www.speedalertlive.com

Found this Blog interesting?  Please consider sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment